Manage your library’s media with ease with the Library Media Box! This unique dispensing machine was built from the ground up with your library in mind. It modular design holds up to 3,000 CDs, DVDs, Games and Audio Books in specially designed and furnished slim-line cases. The Media Box provides security for your materials since a library card is necessary before the discs are dispensed. The system is programmed to connect directly to your ILS via SIP2 for library card authentication.
Patrons interact with the machine via a touch screen that makes it easy for browsing the library’s collection with a user-friendly menu. There is no staff intervention required for checkout or return of your most popular items, yet they remain completely secure until the patron has been authorized to check them out. If you are currently employing any other type of security mechanism for your discs, the Library Media Box will save significant amounts of time and energy for your staff. If you don’t use any security for your media now, your savings will come in the form of materials that don’t just walk out the door!
The Library Media Box features one console for browsing, receiving, and returning the CD, DVD, Game or Audio Book. Optional browsing/reservation touch screens can be added on side panels or anywhere in the library for multiple users. The entire collection of inventory can be viewed from any PC when integrated into the library’s website with the optional reservation module. Once a reservation has been placed on a disc, the customer merely scans their library card on the Library Media Box to retrieve their disc.
- Touch screen monitor for browsing
- High precision industrial strength robotic design and construction
- Shock resistant structure
- Fully customized graphics on exterior
- Bulk load feature allows staff to insert CD’s/DVD’s with minimal patron disruption
- Complete SIP2 integration with your ILS included
- CD/DVD/GAMES/AUDIO BOOKS capacity of up to 750, 1500, 2250 or 3000
- Discs contained in custom slim-line cases which are included with purchase
- Reservation module
- Touchscreens for browsing and selection by additional library customers simultaneously
- Works with RFID or barcodes
- 20″ d x 87″ h x 50″ w
- 20″ d x 87″ h x 98.5″ w
- 20″ d x 87″ h x 147″ w
- 20″ d x 87″ h x 195″ w